Families ACT is a territory peak, not-for-profit, organisation which aims to represent the interests of children, young people and families and the continuum of services which support them, in the ACT and surrounding region. We take a broad and inclusive view of what constitutes a family and strive to improve the wellbeing of all families in the ACT and surrounding region.
- Advocacy and awareness – Be the voice of organisations supporting children and families.
- Research and policy – Facilitate research to inform policy that improves outcomes for children and families.
- Sector development – Strengthen the capacity of organisations providing services to children and families.
- Social Justice – We believe that equity is essential to achieving thriving families and communities.
- Diversity – We acknowledge and support families in all their diversity.
- Collaboration – We work with our members and other like-minded organisations to achieve change.
- Leadership – We provide strategic leadership in advocacy, research, policy and sector development.
- Integrity – We work with integrity, transparency and accountability.
- Inclusion – We believe in equality of opportunity, rights and social, cultural and economic wellbeing.